Entrepreneur’s Journal #10 – Love What You Do & You’ll Never Work Another Day In Your Life
**This article was written by Las Vegas Motivational Speaker, Tulsa Business Coach, Tulsa Motivational Speaker, U.S. SBA Entrepreneur of the Year and the Founder of Numerous Tulsa Businesses Including DJ Connection Tulsa Wedding DJs, Juliet Tulsa Wedding Videography, etc…
It’s 5:12 on a Friday and I am excited to be awake. In fact every Friday at 5:12 AM I’m awake. Sometimes, if my body will cooperate I’ll even be up at 3:00 AM on a Friday to get a head start. What am I in such a rush for? Life! I love life. I love my family, and I love the projects I’m always working on. Right now I’m working feverishly to finish 3 books, the launch 1 new business, to coach 15 business clients, and to prepare for a meeting that starts in 2 hours. Do I feel overwhelmed? No. Why? Because I know what I love and what I am doing on daily basis.
Just to give you a real glimpse into what a day in the life of an entrepreneur looks like.
- 5:00 AM – Today I’m going to finish my quiet / personal time / self-improvement time by 5:30 (which I’m currently engaged in as I write this).
- 5:30 AM – I will prepare the agenda for today’s meeting with a local Doctor who has a real passion for helping people and a real need for some marketing coaching.
- 6:00 AM – I get all cleaned up for work
- 6:30 AM – I will head to work while listening to motivational audio book or music. Nothing negative is allowed in my ears. Songs about having kids out of wedlock, hitting on girls in the club and being an idiot will not corrupt my thoughts.
- 7:00 AM – I will down a Starbucks Spinach Feta wrap.
- 7:30 AM – I will meet with the Doctor to help him grow his business dramatically through the implementation of the “best-practice business techniques” that have been proven to work time and time again.
- 9:00 AM – I’m meeting with a gentlemen who I was honored to have shadow me years ago. Apparently he was crazy enough to take action upon the success principles I taught him and we wanted to get together to reflect on his profound levels of success!
- 11:00 AM – I will teach a client how to optimize the heck out of their video. Most Tulsa Videographers, have no idea how to do this, but we do. So we work with many businesses that have a strong desire to get in front of more potential clients.
- 1:00 PM – I will leave to work with a close friend / partner of mine who owns an incredible Fitness company called Bootcamp Tulsa. They specialize in helping women get in the best shape of their lives.
- 3:00 PM – I’ll hop on a conference call with a company that sells marketing materials and the third party that produces the products for them to make sure that everything is humming along just fine.
- 3:30 PM – I will leave to meet with an investor who is interested in investing some more capital into our businesses.
- 5:00 PM – I will be pulling into my driveway to play with the kiddos and to make sure that they got their chores done.
- 6:00 PM – I plan on taking the kids with me to Hobby Lobby to show them how cool model airplanes can be. My son loves vehicles and I think this will blow his mind!
- 7:00 PM – We plan on taking the kids out to eat some healthy food while my wife and I gaze into each other’s eyes and countdown the seconds until we can be alone, although we love our time with the little 5 humans.
- 8:30 PM – Listen you sick freak, I can’t tell you everything. Let’s just say I’m married with 5 kids. We do things.
My friend in all seriousness you can love every moment of your life if you are willing to step out and do something. One of my clients owns a Tulsa Men’s Hair Cut / Grooming Lounge. When he started it he was nervous. It required almost blind faith to start. He didn’t know where to start a times because their was so much work to do. Now 9 weeks later, his business is booming. He’s been in the news 6 times in the first 9 weeks and he is making great money by delivering a great product that he is passionate about. He starts early and works late, and he has never been happier. Decide what you want to do with your life and then start doing it. Quit putting off living. The time will never be just right. You must act now.