CANDID CLUES YOU MAY NOT BE CONNECTING W/ YOUR POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS
**Vince Lombardi & Jeffrey Gitomers’ Take On Success & Sales
- If you aren’t fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm. – Vince Lombardi
- The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will. – Vince Lombardi
Clues you might not be connecting with people and “why they buy.”
1. You get price objections
2. You have to send bids and proposals
3. They claim to be satisfied with their current provider
4. No one will return your call
5. You are complaining that the economy is struggling (rather than complaining that you are struggling to connect with people)
Reasons People Buy:
1. I like my sales rep – Note Well – Liking is the single most powerful element in a sales relationship. I got a quote the other day from a salesman claiming to be a sales expert. It started out saying, Your customer does not have to like you, but he does have to trust you.” What an idiot. Can you imagine the CEO of the company when making a buying decision saying, “I trusted that guy, but I sure didn’t like him.” Like leads to trust. Trust leads to buying. Buying leads to relationship. That well-maintained relationship leads to additional sales.
2. I understand – what I am buying.
**The sales person has said, “based upon what you have told me I would recommend the _____ or the _____. Which one do you feel is best to meet your needs?”
3. I perceive a difference in the person that I am buying from.
**This person is remarkable enough to break out of the clutter of commerce.
4. I perceive value in the product that I’m buying.
**Based upon physical presentation, verbal bouquets, and all forms of communication and visual imagery
5. I believe my sales rep.
**The sales rep is all showing and discussing things they can prove.
6. I have confidence in my sales rep.
**This person inspires confidence based upon the way they walk, talk, and communicate. Many people won’t step foot inside a “scary looking” restaurant.
7. I trust my rep.
**My rep has kept the small commitments and all of the commitments they made to me. They called me on time for my phone conference. They met met on time. They were prepared for my meeting. They dressing professionally and better than me as the buyer.
8. I am comfortable with my sales rep.
**My sales rep made me laugh like a good friend and made me feel like family when I was around them because of their skilled gift at asking the right questions to get me talking about my favorite topic…myself.
9. I feel that there is a fit of my needs and his / her product.
**The rep has clearly demonstrated why my problems can be solved with their products the best. Price doesn’t matter to me if it doesn’t work.
10. The price seems fair, but it’s not necessarily the cheapest.
**As a buyer I understand that you get what you pay for, and I also stand that after with all the value I’m receiving the price must be at least at a certain point in order for this company to supply the great products and services they provide, and to staff quality people like the sales person I am talking to